ABOUT THE COMPANY
Newman HR Services Essex
is a personalised employment law and human resources management consultancy providing a bespoke service designed for small and medium sized businesses.
Our ethos is to minimise potential human resource risk for our clients, everything we do is focused around advising our clients on how to operate safely within the complicated and potentially hazardous area of employment law.
We are business people at heart, not lawyers; we have and continue to successfully run our own businesses, so we fully understand the conflicting pressures facing small and medium size enterprises, and their owners. This ensures our service is designed to provide HR solutions that make a real difference to the smooth and successful running of your business.
Our service spans the full range of human resources management applications including:
- Business re-structuring including changes to employee employment terms
- Controlled redundancy programmes when absolutely necessary
- Preparation of employment contracts
- Preparation of compromise agreements
- The development of employee handbooks including social media policies
- Management of disciplinary, absence, capability, discrimination and conduct issues, and the application of the Equality act
- Transfer of employee contracts, TUPE
We have effectively carried out restructuring exercises for our clients. We have implemented for them and their people changes to terms and conditions and where needed, controlled redundancy programmes. We have helped our clients to go through this difficult process and by following our advice they have avoided expensive, time consuming employment tribunal proceedings.
We have been in business for over 10 years. We work with organisations all over England.
If you are just starting out with your own business or wish to know more about this topic, I suggest that the information you will find on this link >>> will be of great value.
I have a professional indemnity insurance policy with £1/2million cover; I have yet to make a claim.
- Industrial tribunal proceedings being taken against organizations are more likely now that fees have been abolished. The awards can still be substantial In 2017-18 (latest available), the median unfair dismissal award of £8051. Average awards in discrimination cases are much higher in addition to time taken up, stress and reputational damage to your company.
- Tribunal awards can now be in excess of £80,000. Awards in discrimination or whistleblowing cases are unlimited. Your employees tend to know more about your legal rights than you do.
- Employment status, compliance with national minimum wage regulations, holiday pay and the ‘gig’ economy are now hot topics with HMRC taking an increasing interest. Larger companies will need to be aware of their responsibilities for gender pay gap reporting. Brexit will bring its own challenges.
- Redundancy and dismissal are governed by a legal process. If you don’t follow the correct procedure it can be costly and time consuming.
- The Equality Act increases discrimination claims, they can be minimized by having suitable policies.
- There are continuing requirements on pensions. 2018 brings new responsibilities under the GPDR regulations.